Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Road Trip Part 2. Exeunt San Francisco

It's a bird! It's a plane!
Alright, Blog Post deux. Let's see what we've got.

I made my exit from San Francisco, but before I left I made sure to eat something.

I went to this little place called El Farolito Taqueria on Mission, where I got a delicious Carne Asada Super Taco. It was quite good and also they had Fanta in those cool glass bottles which is something I approve of.






Not pictured: Me dribbling
chocolate all over myself
because apparently I'm
6 years old. 
Next I went to this neat little BiRite Creamery for dessert. They let me sample a bunch of weirdass flavors including brown sugar. I ended up settling on Dark Chocolate because I was in that kind of mood. I wandered around San Francisco for another hour or so. They have a lot of really steep hills all over the place which makes driving feel remarkably precarious.

Next time I'll definitely stick tot he cable cars.









Like bullseyeing Womp Rats
back home
 Then I drove through a tree.  Which was kind of cool. You could see the little scrape-marks on the inside of the trunk where other, fatter cars didn't fold in their windows. I sort of wonder about families who try this thing on their Generic American Road Trips and end up scraping a bunch of paint off of their Humvee's sides. I can just see my dad going. "LET'S DO IT."

and then listening to a slow, mirthful *screeeaaaape*

Tree Lunch






I had gotten a sandwich from the little town before who recommended that I move on to greater civilization rather than stick around. I've seen enough horror movies not to disregard their advice and promptly drove the next hour to a proper town.







IS SEEING? BELIEVING?
 Then I saw this weirdass place. I almost passed it by with barely a raised eyebrow and then I thought: "Hey, I'm on a Road-Trip, what else am I gonna do if not stop at ridiculous roadside attractions with too many question marks???" 

Turns out It was closed though so I couldn't get to experience the mysterious majesty of Confusion Hill. I don't know if Seeing is Believing, but I'm pretty sure not-seeing is a pretty good starter for non-believing. The rest of the place looked like some kind of elaborate trap set up by the Riddler, so I ended up continuing on.


This is a cat.
Then I saw a cat.




Next stop: the biggest city north of San Francisco. A little town called Eureka!

~Jon Ying Out.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, you made it to Bi-Rite! My favorite is their Famous Salted Caramel flavor, but I bet what you got was delicious too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad will not miss driving through a tree hole for sure. Too, it is always a good practice to listen to your gut feeling.

    ReplyDelete